The sixth edition of the Integration Forum reacts to the current discussion about the foreigners in the cities, their integration and the level of their involvement.
What is the situation in the main Slovak cities? What are the current needs and challenges?
This year's forum will take place on 10th October 2019 in Hotel Tatra and has the subtitle "Cities and Foreigners." We will introduce you to the foreigners who will talk about their personal experience. You will also learn about our achievements in the within the KapaCITY project that supports the integration of foreigners at the local level. We are excited that one of the main speakers of the event will be reknown Kenan Güngör - a sociologist, a German-speaking European with Kurdish-Turkish roots, the founder and owner of the [think.difference] initiative in Vienna. Kenan will talk about how to design a successful integration policy in a country that has little experience with foreigners.
The program will be continuously updated with the speakers:
8:30 - 9:00 Registration
9:00 - 9:10 Welcome
9:10 - 10:40
1. Panel: Foreigners in the cities and their integration
- Elena Gallová Kriglerová, CVEK: KapaCITY Project: Integration of foreigners in the cities. Situation, Needs and Challenges.
- Yaroslav Lysenko, Banská Bystrica: Ukrainians in Slovakia, what do they need, how do they perceive themselves?
- Marshal Pandya, Trnava, newcomer to town: challenges and opportunities
- Kenan Güngör, think.difference, Austria: How to design a successful integration policy in a country that has little experience with foreigners
11:00 to 12:30
2. Panel: How to finance integration?
- Eva Kovaľová, Coordinator of the Fund for Asylum, Migration and Integration, Ministry of the Interior of the Slovak Republic
- Union of Towns of Slovakia: needs of towns in the area of integration of foreigners
- List of other speakers and their topics will be added shortly.
13:30 - 14:00 Timo Rinke, Director Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung: Migration Narratives
14:00 - 15:15
3. Panel: Labor migration in Slovakia
Strategies and policies for the support, protection and integration of foreign workers, intercultural competences in the workplace, the role of the employer in the integration of foreign workers.
- Zoroslav Smolinsky, head of Modern Trade Union Volkswagen
- He Nguyen, Vietnamese businessman - restaurant owner
- other names will be added later on
Location: Lab.Cafe, SNP Square
- Natalia Jankova, Bratislava (RUS)
- Marshal Pandya, Trnava (IND)
- Yaroslav Lysenko, Banská Bystrica (UKR)
- Baktash Jami, Vienna (AFG)